We encourage you to plan an extra day in the area exploring all the fine Mason Michigan Antiques. Guests love the selection of antique stores close to the inn, and the charming town of Mason, Michigan can’t be beat for great antique hunting adventures.
Nearby Mason Michigan Antiques
The charming town of Mason, Michigan is located just 15 minutes from the English Inn Restaurant & Pub. The town has an entire district dedicated to antiquing and some wonderfully unique shops.
The Antiques District is an old-fashioned village in the heart of Mason, MI. You can easily spend the day here, following cobblestone paths between shops filled with antique discoveries. The Mason Michigan Antiques District can be found at 202 to 208 Mason Street, in downtown Mason. For more info, visit: masonantiques.net.
- The Old Mill Antiques Mall has lots of furniture, Fenton glass, books, magazines & prints, and vintage toys.
- The Front Porch has pottery, jewelry, comics, furniture, collectibles, and antiques.
- The Carriage Stop specializes in antique dolls and also carries a variety of furniture, glassware, and jewelry.
- At Peddlars Row you may find such things as architectural fittings, vintage appliances, furniture, and knick-knacks.
- Leap of Faith Antiques has furniture, primitives, linens, glassware, jewelry, books and so much more!
- CoCoBlue UFO Antiques includes many unusual finds. The shop is tucked into one of the oldest houses in Mason.
- Red Door Antiques has two stories of antiques, from furniture to glassware, books and collectibles.
Mason Antiques Market
- The Mason Antiques Market has jewelry, glass, pottery, collectibles, and Victorian furniture. There are also replacement lamp parts and furniture restoration supplies, as well as a wide selection of collector’s books and price guides.
The Maple Street Mall is also located in Mason in downtown’s courthouse square. Their collection of antiques and re-purposed items are on three levels, covering 10,000 square feet, and has an astounding 55 vendors! 108 W Maple Street in Mason. Visit: www.maplestreetmall.com
Travel to the neighboring township of Mason, less than 20 minutes from our Inn and Restaurant in Eaton Rapids, to the Ingham County Fair, a 158-year tradition in this state!
Open this year from July 29 – August 3, there is free daily parking, and gate admission for adults is only $8. $5 for children and free for those over 62 or under 2 years old.
Here are some event highlights taking place at this year’s Ingham County Fair:
- Battle of the Bands: Monday, July 29 at 6 p.m.
- SJO Super Cross Champion Series – Car Races: Tuesday July 30 at 7 p.m.
- Wolverine Pullers – Tractor Pulls: Wednesday July 31 at 7 p.m.
- Michigan Dynamometer Association – Light/Heavy Horse Pulls: Thursday August 1 at 10 a.m.
- USA Demolition Derby – Auto Enduro: Thursday August 1 at 7:30 p.m.
- USA Demolition Derby – Figure 8 & Truck Demo: Friday August 2 at 7:30 p.m.
- USA Demolition Derby – Figure 8 & Car Demo: Saturday August 3 at 7:30 p.m.
Other great entertainment at the fair includes:
- Bingo: Try your luck in the Bingo Tent, located near the Rayner Park “D” Gate, behind the Farm Bureau Restaurant.
- Chainsaw Wood Carver: Ben will amaze you with the beauty of his creations. Free Daily Shows at 1:00, 3:00, 5:00, 7:00 and 9:00 p.m. All items created will be auctioned at 6:00 pm on Saturday, August 4 in the Main Arena.
- Children’s Day is Tuesday July 30th: Special activities for the kids in the Ash Street Arena beginning at 1 p.m. including races, eating contests and even an egg throwing contest!
- Food Contests: See who made the best pie, cookies and more.
- Circle of Life Exhibit: Witness the live birth of animals, including cows, rabbits and miniature donkeys, as well as the hatching of baby chicks. The “Circle of Life” Exhibit is located in Crops Building near the food court. This exhibit is to educate fair visitors about the importance of animal agriculture. Vet students from Michigan State University will be on site throughout the week.
While you come into town for the fun of the Fair, treat yourself to beautiful and unique lodging at the English Inn.