Travel to the neighboring township of Mason, less than 20 minutes from our Inn and Restaurant in Eaton Rapids, to the Ingham County Fair, a 158-year tradition in this state!
Open this year from July 29 – August 3, there is free daily parking, and gate admission for adults is only $8. $5 for children and free for those over 62 or under 2 years old.
Here are some event highlights taking place at this year’s Ingham County Fair:
- Battle of the Bands: Monday, July 29 at 6 p.m.
- SJO Super Cross Champion Series – Car Races: Tuesday July 30 at 7 p.m.
- Wolverine Pullers – Tractor Pulls: Wednesday July 31 at 7 p.m.
- Michigan Dynamometer Association – Light/Heavy Horse Pulls: Thursday August 1 at 10 a.m.
- USA Demolition Derby – Auto Enduro: Thursday August 1 at 7:30 p.m.
- USA Demolition Derby – Figure 8 & Truck Demo: Friday August 2 at 7:30 p.m.
- USA Demolition Derby – Figure 8 & Car Demo: Saturday August 3 at 7:30 p.m.
Other great entertainment at the fair includes:
- Bingo: Try your luck in the Bingo Tent, located near the Rayner Park “D” Gate, behind the Farm Bureau Restaurant.
- Chainsaw Wood Carver: Ben will amaze you with the beauty of his creations. Free Daily Shows at 1:00, 3:00, 5:00, 7:00 and 9:00 p.m. All items created will be auctioned at 6:00 pm on Saturday, August 4 in the Main Arena.
- Children’s Day is Tuesday July 30th: Special activities for the kids in the Ash Street Arena beginning at 1 p.m. including races, eating contests and even an egg throwing contest!
- Food Contests: See who made the best pie, cookies and more.
- Circle of Life Exhibit: Witness the live birth of animals, including cows, rabbits and miniature donkeys, as well as the hatching of baby chicks. The “Circle of Life” Exhibit is located in Crops Building near the food court. This exhibit is to educate fair visitors about the importance of animal agriculture. Vet students from Michigan State University will be on site throughout the week.
While you come into town for the fun of the Fair, treat yourself to beautiful and unique lodging at the English Inn.