It’s officially fair season and The English Inn is conveniently located between two of the state’s finest: Eaton County Fair 2019 (July 8-13) and The 165th annual Ingham County Fair (July 29 – August 3, 2019).
Both fairs are less than 20 minutes away from our Lansing area inn, restaurant, and pub, The English Inn.
County fairs are an excellent way to spend a summer evening. The noise and lights of the midway, the smell of popcorn and cotton candy, laughter, calliope music, and good, old-fashioned fun.
Our location along the Grand River in Eaton Rapids puts us in the unique position of being just minutes from two excellent and time honored fairs. Both the Eaton and Ingham County Fair are worth your time.
And with The English Inn’s fine lodging and dining so close by, there is absolutely you miss it?
Read the rest of this page »
Looking for a wholesome and fun way to spend a beautiful Michigan summer day? Stop by the Red Cedar Jubilee in the quaint town of Williamston, less than 30 minutes from our Bed and Breakfast in Easton Rapids.
This is the major event in town. A week long festival begins this year on June 17 and runs through June 23. This the 42nd annual Jubilee!
Red Cedar Jubilee events include a demolition derby, duck race and barbecue, as well as other games and entertainment for children and folks of all ages. Many of the proceeds go towards beneficial community groups like the Lions Club, which runs a food and beverage tent during the festival.
Other entertainment includes parades, craft shows, lawn mower races and live music. Here are some of the event highlights to look forward to:
Thursday, June 20th
- Live music in the McCormick Park Band Shell. “Capital City Brass,” 7 – 9 p.m.
Friday, June 21st
- Sidewalk sales all weekend long in downtown Williamston
- Craft Show, 164 West Grand Ave. 1 – 7 p.m.
- Home Business Show, 162 West Grand Ave. 1 – 7 p.m.
- Enduro Race, Deer Creek Park. A popular event at the Jubilee, the race winner is the car that lasts longest – there’s always a bit of rolling and bumping going on between cars on the track. Tickets are $6 for adults and $3 for children under 12. 7 – 10 p.m.
Saturday, June 22nd
- 5k run in McCormick Park at 8:30 a.m.
- Car Show at the Eagles Club (835 High St.) at 10 a.m.
- Chicken BBQ at the United Methodist Church (211 S. Putnam St.) 11:30 – 4 p.m.
- Jubilee Grand Parade, begins at 12:30 p.m.
Lodging for Your Michigan Summer Travels
The English Inn is a beautiful and historic property with a restaurant and bar on-site. Enjoy luxurious rooms and delicious breakfasts included in your stay. We are also a premiere Michigan wedding venue.