Each spring, the Mayfaire Renaissance Festival provides a unique opportunity to step back in time and play the fool. The Royal Court of Queen Ariana and King Leopold is, for a short time only, located at the Calhoun County fairgrounds in nearby Marshall Michigan. Guests of our Lansing Bed and Breakfast need only drive 30 – 40 minutes to experience the very best of the Renaissance (Michigan style).
Entertainment abounds at the Mayfaire Renaissance Festival:
- Patrice Blackbottle is a beguiling story teller who offers free iridology scribing sessions.
- Robyn the Bard is a musician blessed with the ability to transform modern songs into Renaissance ballads or Irish drinking tunes. He will woo the object of your affection (if paid in coin).
- Professional Pixies Yarrow and Dywn Eldritch sing, dance and fight while on a Very Important Quest.
- Ric Roc Zoo is a juggler extradordinaire, mime, stilt dancer, and all around magical physical comedian.
- Her Majesty’s Royal Guard consists of impressive knights and their squires. Watch their “fully armored, full contact / combat fighting show”. Not for the faint of heart or squeamish.
You’ll be ready for a pint at our English Pub after spending the day at Mayfaire!
Shops at the Mayfaire Renaissance Festival ply much interesting merchandise: herbs and horns, crystals, dragon tails, hand painted shields, embroidered banners, and hand-made maces. Less eccentric items, such as clothing, jewelry, and books, are also available for purchase.
The Mayfaire Renaissance Festival takes place this weekend, May 21-22, and May 28-31, 2011. If you’re already planning to be at our Bed and Breakfast Eaton Rapids MI during one of those times, consider dropping by the festival. If not, consider planning a trip. How often does one get the opportunity to visit a Royal Court of the Renaissance?